Three killed in US chopper crash
Houston: Three people have been killed when a chopper carrying them crashed at Kendall County in the US.
The chopper was on a flight from Midland to Seguin on Thursday night when it crashed in the north part of the county near Luckenbach.
The wreckage was found at the heavily wooded crash site and the bodies were discovered yesterday, local authorities said today.
According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) a four-passenger Robinson R44 crashed at a site about 15 miles west of Fredericksburg near RR 1888 and E.FM 1376. It is said to have been rented from Veracity Aviation.
Matthew King, chief deputy with the Kendall County Sheriff`s Office said the aircraft`s owner was in Seguin when he was notified.
Rescuers flew another helicopter from Seguin to Fredericksburg in an attempt to locate the crashed chopper.
The Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks and Wildlife, local volunteer fire crews and emergency medical personnel, along with a DPS chopper, joined the search overnight.
The FAA and the Texas Department of Public Safety are investigating the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa