Three killed in US chopper crash
Houston: Three people have been killed when a chopper carrying them crashed at Kendall County in the US.
The chopper was on a flight from Midland to Seguin on Thursday night when it crashed in the north part of the county near Luckenbach.
The wreckage was found at the heavily wooded crash site and the bodies were discovered yesterday, local authorities said today.
According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) a four-passenger Robinson R44 crashed at a site about 15 miles west of Fredericksburg near RR 1888 and E.FM 1376. It is said to have been rented from Veracity Aviation.
Matthew King, chief deputy with the Kendall County Sheriff`s Office said the aircraft`s owner was in Seguin when he was notified.
Rescuers flew another helicopter from Seguin to Fredericksburg in an attempt to locate the crashed chopper.
The Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks and Wildlife, local volunteer fire crews and emergency medical personnel, along with a DPS chopper, joined the search overnight.
The FAA and the Texas Department of Public Safety are investigating the cause of the crash.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living