Three killed in US chopper crash
Houston: Three people have been killed when a chopper carrying them crashed at Kendall County in the US.
The chopper was on a flight from Midland to Seguin on Thursday night when it crashed in the north part of the county near Luckenbach.
The wreckage was found at the heavily wooded crash site and the bodies were discovered yesterday, local authorities said today.
According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) a four-passenger Robinson R44 crashed at a site about 15 miles west of Fredericksburg near RR 1888 and E.FM 1376. It is said to have been rented from Veracity Aviation.
Matthew King, chief deputy with the Kendall County Sheriff`s Office said the aircraft`s owner was in Seguin when he was notified.
Rescuers flew another helicopter from Seguin to Fredericksburg in an attempt to locate the crashed chopper.
The Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks and Wildlife, local volunteer fire crews and emergency medical personnel, along with a DPS chopper, joined the search overnight.
The FAA and the Texas Department of Public Safety are investigating the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates