Three men guilty in theft of Cyprus ex-leader`s corpse
Nicosia: A Cyprus court has found a jailed murderer, his brother and another man guilty of unlawfully exhuming the body of the island`s former president.
The body of Tassos Papadopoulos was snatched from a
Nicosia cemetery in 2009 and was reburied three months later
after police arrested the suspects and found the body.
The court today convicted Antonis Prokopiou Kitas, his
brother Mamas, and Sarbjit Singh of India of stealing
Papadopoulos` body but cleared them of attempting to extort
money from the late president`s family. Sentencing will be
It ruled that Antonis, who was serving a life
sentence, took the body to try and negotiate his release from
Papadopoulos served as president of the divided
Mediterranean island between 2003 and 2008, and died that year
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug