'Three million copies of Charlie Hebdo will be available on Wednesday'
In its first edition since the attack on Charlie Hebdo, the distributors said on Monday that three million copies of the French satirical weekly will be available on Wednesday.
Paris: In its first edition since the attack on Charlie Hebdo, the distributors said on Monday that three million copies of the French satirical weekly will be available on Wednesday.
Distributors MLP had initially planned to print one million copies of the issue, as per AFP, but said demand from France and abroad has been huge.
The weekly is currently being put together by survivors of last week's shooting at the magazine's offices in Paris in which its editor and other top cartoonist were killed.
The special issue will also be offered "in 16 languages" for readers around the world, one of its columnists, Patrick Pelloux, said.
The original paper printed at 60,000 copies a week, selling 30,000.
The surviving Charlie Hebdo staff have since Friday been working out of the offices of another French newspaper, Liberation, with equipment loaned by other media organisations.
Their own blood-soaked offices remain sealed by police, with the entrance covered with flowers, pencils and candles in tribute to the dead.
Twelve people were shot dead by two gunmen at the weekly's office.
The gunmen were later killed by the French authorities after a massive hunt.
The gunmen, brothers Cherif and Said Kouachi, claimed to belong to the jihadist group al Qaeda in Yemen.
They were killed on Friday, as was an accomplice claiming affiliation to the rival Islamic State group, Amedy Coulibaly, in separate but coordinated French commando raids on sites in and near Paris where they had taken hostages.
In all 17 people and the three Islamist attackers were killed in three days of violence.
The incident shocked the world and there has been a huge support for the weekly all over the world.
Meanwhile, the latest edition of Charlie Hebdo will feature controversial cartoons, its lawyer said.
Charlie Hebdo's lawyer, Richard Malka, told French radio the upcoming publication will "cede nothing" to extremists seeking to silence them, as per AFP.
Charlie Hebdo's offices were firebombed without casualty in 2011 when it published supposedly controversial cartoons of Prophet Mohammed.
Its staff has been receiving death threats since 2006, when it reprinted controversial cartoons by a Danish newspaper, Jyllands-Posten.
With Agency inputs