Three Muslims shot dead in Thai south
Muslims as they left a mosque after evening prayers in
Thailand`s insurgency-plagued south, police said on Thursday, amid
an apparent spike in bloodshed in the region.
Two men and a woman died when attackers opened fire on
the Banna Praow mosque in Pattani, one of three southern
provinces that have been rocked by eight years of violence,
"They were still inside the walls of the mosque when they
were shot after evening prayers. We do not know the motive
yet," said local police officer Lieutenant Parinya Kwankaew.
More than 5,100 people have been killed -- both Muslims
and Buddhists -- in attacks across Pattani, Yala and
Narathiwat since unrest escalated in January 2004, according
to Deep South Watch which monitors the violence. (AFP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie