Three Muslims shot dead in Thai south
Muslims as they left a mosque after evening prayers in
Thailand`s insurgency-plagued south, police said on Thursday, amid
an apparent spike in bloodshed in the region.
Two men and a woman died when attackers opened fire on
the Banna Praow mosque in Pattani, one of three southern
provinces that have been rocked by eight years of violence,
"They were still inside the walls of the mosque when they
were shot after evening prayers. We do not know the motive
yet," said local police officer Lieutenant Parinya Kwankaew.
More than 5,100 people have been killed -- both Muslims
and Buddhists -- in attacks across Pattani, Yala and
Narathiwat since unrest escalated in January 2004, according
to Deep South Watch which monitors the violence. (AFP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy