Three police officers abducted, killed in Mexico
Morelia (Mexico): Authorities in Mexico`s western Michoacan state say they have found the bodies of three local police officers who had been abducted hours earlier.
Michoacan Attorney General Placido Torres says the officers were patrolling in the town of Tancitaro when gunmen kidnapped them yesterday. Colleagues found their bodies in the neighbouring town of Buenavista Tomatlan.
Torres says investigators haven`t determined a motive in the killings but the two towns have been overridden by drug traffickers and community self-defence squads.
Meanwhile, prosecutors in northern Chihuahua state say gunmen late Monday killed five members of a family while they were travelling in a pickup truck in the town of Guadalupe y Calvo.
The town is in a mountainous area known as "The Golden Triangle," where gangs grow marijuana and opium poppies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez