Three policemen shot to death in Egypt`s Sinai
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says snipers have killed three policemen in the volatile Sinai Peninsula.
The official says the coordinated attacks killed police guarding an administrative building, a TV station and a police station in El-Arish, the main city in northern Sinai near the border with Gaza and Israel.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters.
Islamic militants, long active in the area, have intensified their attacks against security forces since the ouster of Islamist President Mohammed Morsi on July 3. The almost daily attacks have targeted the El-Arish airport, checkpoints and police stations.
At least 13 policemen have been killed in Sinai since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered