Three policemen shot to death in Egypt`s Sinai
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says snipers have killed three policemen in the volatile Sinai Peninsula.
The official says the coordinated attacks killed police guarding an administrative building, a TV station and a police station in El-Arish, the main city in northern Sinai near the border with Gaza and Israel.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters.
Islamic militants, long active in the area, have intensified their attacks against security forces since the ouster of Islamist President Mohammed Morsi on July 3. The almost daily attacks have targeted the El-Arish airport, checkpoints and police stations.
At least 13 policemen have been killed in Sinai since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya