Three policemen shot to death in Egypt`s Sinai
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says snipers have killed three policemen in the volatile Sinai Peninsula.
The official says the coordinated attacks killed police guarding an administrative building, a TV station and a police station in El-Arish, the main city in northern Sinai near the border with Gaza and Israel.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters.
Islamic militants, long active in the area, have intensified their attacks against security forces since the ouster of Islamist President Mohammed Morsi on July 3. The almost daily attacks have targeted the El-Arish airport, checkpoints and police stations.
At least 13 policemen have been killed in Sinai since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence