Three Russian soldiers killed in North Caucasus: Report
Moscow: Three Russian soldiers were killed on Monday in a clash with rebels linked to the Moscow metro bombings in the turbulent North Caucasus region of Dagestan, the RIA Novosti news agency reported.
"During a shoot-out with a besieged group of rebels, three Interior Ministry troops died. Three soldiers, including the platoon commander were hospitalised with injuries," a security service source told RIA Novosti.
The operation which began on Sunday in a wooded area in the Karabudakhkentsky district, targeted rebels led by Magomedali Vagabalov, who is believed to be the husband of one of the Moscow metro suicide bombers, Channel One television reported.
RIA Novosti reported that one of the rebels is suspected to be the brother of Maryam Sharipova, one of the two suicide bombers who blew themselves up in Moscow metro stations in March, citing a security source.
The double suicide bombings in the Moscow metro on March 29 killed 40 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...