Three Russian soldiers killed in North Caucasus: Report
Moscow: Three Russian soldiers were killed on Monday in a clash with rebels linked to the Moscow metro bombings in the turbulent North Caucasus region of Dagestan, the RIA Novosti news agency reported.
"During a shoot-out with a besieged group of rebels, three Interior Ministry troops died. Three soldiers, including the platoon commander were hospitalised with injuries," a security service source told RIA Novosti.
The operation which began on Sunday in a wooded area in the Karabudakhkentsky district, targeted rebels led by Magomedali Vagabalov, who is believed to be the husband of one of the Moscow metro suicide bombers, Channel One television reported.
RIA Novosti reported that one of the rebels is suspected to be the brother of Maryam Sharipova, one of the two suicide bombers who blew themselves up in Moscow metro stations in March, citing a security source.
The double suicide bombings in the Moscow metro on March 29 killed 40 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand