Three soldiers arrested in drug flight: Venezuela
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuela`s interior minister says two National Guard sergeants and one lieutenant have been arrested for alleged involvement in the smuggling of 1.4 metric tons of cocaine to Paris on an Air France flight in three dozen suitcases.
Minister Miguel Rodriguez told state TV that the three men were arrested yesterday and that additional arrests were expected, with airline workers suspected.
French officials had announced on Saturday the discovery of the narcotics in luggage without baggage tickets indicating their owner. The flight had arrived in Paris on September 10.
Venezuela has become a major transit point for US- and European-destined cocaine in recent years with Washington accusing several senior Venezuelan military officials of involvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever