Three soldiers killed in attack in southern Thailand
Hat Yai (Thailand): Suspected militants have killed three soldiers in a roadside attack in Thailand`s insurgency-plagued south.
The attack came just hours before peace talks between Thai officials and Muslim insurgents were to begin in neighbouring Malaysia.
Police Colonel Suchart Saeed says militants detonated an improvised bomb and opened fire at soldiers who were on foot patrol on Thursday in Cho Airong district in Narathiwat province.
He says five soldiers were also wounded in the ambush. Authorities say the attack took place in a village that is home to a key leader of the Muslim separatist group taking part in talks with the Thai government.
More than 5,000 people have been killed in Thailand`s three southernmost provinces since an insurgency erupted in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday