Three UK Army dogs dead, 15 poisoned in flea-killer blunder
London: Three British Army dogs have died and 15 others poisoned after being fed toxic flea-killer by mistake, a media report said on Friday.
The incident happened after a flea killer was administered incorrectly to the Alsatian bomb-sniffers at the Defence Animal Centre in Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire, The Sun reported.
The ministry said that 18 dogs became ill last month after a flea killer that should have been put on their backs, was given to them orally.
While 15 of the dogs made a full recovery, three died.
The dogs perished in "horrific circumstances" after the deadly chemical was put in their grub, the paper said.
The ministry says an investigation is underway into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump