Three UK Army dogs dead, 15 poisoned in flea-killer blunder
London: Three British Army dogs have died and 15 others poisoned after being fed toxic flea-killer by mistake, a media report said on Friday.
The incident happened after a flea killer was administered incorrectly to the Alsatian bomb-sniffers at the Defence Animal Centre in Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire, The Sun reported.
The ministry said that 18 dogs became ill last month after a flea killer that should have been put on their backs, was given to them orally.
While 15 of the dogs made a full recovery, three died.
The dogs perished in "horrific circumstances" after the deadly chemical was put in their grub, the paper said.
The ministry says an investigation is underway into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...