Tiananmen massacre protestor’s dad kills self
Beijing: The father of a man, who was killed in 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, hanged himself to death after failing to seek government redress for two decades in China.
A support group for parents of the massacre`s victims said that 73-year-old Ya Weilin`s body was found in an unused underground parking space of his residential complex.
According to news.com.au, a member of the group Zhang Xianling said that Ya killed himself to protest against the government``s refusal to address the grievances of the victim`s relatives.
Ya killed himself about a week before the anniversary of the massacre on the night of June 3-4, 1989, when the military crushed weeks long, student-led protests, which killed almost thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents