Tiananmen massacre protestor’s dad kills self
Beijing: The father of a man, who was killed in 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, hanged himself to death after failing to seek government redress for two decades in China.
A support group for parents of the massacre`s victims said that 73-year-old Ya Weilin`s body was found in an unused underground parking space of his residential complex.
According to news.com.au, a member of the group Zhang Xianling said that Ya killed himself to protest against the government``s refusal to address the grievances of the victim`s relatives.
Ya killed himself about a week before the anniversary of the massacre on the night of June 3-4, 1989, when the military crushed weeks long, student-led protests, which killed almost thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?