Tiananmen massacre protestor’s dad kills self
Beijing: The father of a man, who was killed in 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, hanged himself to death after failing to seek government redress for two decades in China.
A support group for parents of the massacre`s victims said that 73-year-old Ya Weilin`s body was found in an unused underground parking space of his residential complex.
According to news.com.au, a member of the group Zhang Xianling said that Ya killed himself to protest against the government``s refusal to address the grievances of the victim`s relatives.
Ya killed himself about a week before the anniversary of the massacre on the night of June 3-4, 1989, when the military crushed weeks long, student-led protests, which killed almost thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city