Tiananmen massacre protestor’s dad kills self
Beijing: The father of a man, who was killed in 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, hanged himself to death after failing to seek government redress for two decades in China.
A support group for parents of the massacre`s victims said that 73-year-old Ya Weilin`s body was found in an unused underground parking space of his residential complex.
According to news.com.au, a member of the group Zhang Xianling said that Ya killed himself to protest against the government``s refusal to address the grievances of the victim`s relatives.
Ya killed himself about a week before the anniversary of the massacre on the night of June 3-4, 1989, when the military crushed weeks long, student-led protests, which killed almost thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read