Tibet to have first amusement park
Beijing: Construction of the first modern amusement park in the plateau region of Tibet kicked off on Thursday in the regional capital of Lhasa.
Designed for children and appropriately named "Happy Baby" in Tibetan, the park is expected to start business on next year`s International Children`s Day that falls on June 01, Liu Shuxin, general manager of a company established to undertake the project said.
With a total investment of USD 12 million, the park will cover an area of 4,281 square meters on the banks of the Lhasa River, Liu said.
Besides a Ferris wheel, the amusement park will have an indoor playground so children can play music, dance and paint during the cold, dry and long Lhasa winter, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note