Tibet to have first amusement park
Beijing: Construction of the first modern amusement park in the plateau region of Tibet kicked off on Thursday in the regional capital of Lhasa.
Designed for children and appropriately named "Happy Baby" in Tibetan, the park is expected to start business on next year`s International Children`s Day that falls on June 01, Liu Shuxin, general manager of a company established to undertake the project said.
With a total investment of USD 12 million, the park will cover an area of 4,281 square meters on the banks of the Lhasa River, Liu said.
Besides a Ferris wheel, the amusement park will have an indoor playground so children can play music, dance and paint during the cold, dry and long Lhasa winter, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'