Tibet to have first amusement park
Beijing: Construction of the first modern amusement park in the plateau region of Tibet kicked off on Thursday in the regional capital of Lhasa.
Designed for children and appropriately named "Happy Baby" in Tibetan, the park is expected to start business on next year`s International Children`s Day that falls on June 01, Liu Shuxin, general manager of a company established to undertake the project said.
With a total investment of USD 12 million, the park will cover an area of 4,281 square meters on the banks of the Lhasa River, Liu said.
Besides a Ferris wheel, the amusement park will have an indoor playground so children can play music, dance and paint during the cold, dry and long Lhasa winter, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!