Tibet to have first amusement park
Beijing: Construction of the first modern amusement park in the plateau region of Tibet kicked off on Thursday in the regional capital of Lhasa.
Designed for children and appropriately named "Happy Baby" in Tibetan, the park is expected to start business on next year`s International Children`s Day that falls on June 01, Liu Shuxin, general manager of a company established to undertake the project said.
With a total investment of USD 12 million, the park will cover an area of 4,281 square meters on the banks of the Lhasa River, Liu said.
Besides a Ferris wheel, the amusement park will have an indoor playground so children can play music, dance and paint during the cold, dry and long Lhasa winter, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena
- Dadri lynching case: Allahabad High Court stays arrest of Mohd Akhlaq's family
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore