Tibet to have first amusement park
Beijing: Construction of the first modern amusement park in the plateau region of Tibet kicked off on Thursday in the regional capital of Lhasa.
Designed for children and appropriately named "Happy Baby" in Tibetan, the park is expected to start business on next year`s International Children`s Day that falls on June 01, Liu Shuxin, general manager of a company established to undertake the project said.
With a total investment of USD 12 million, the park will cover an area of 4,281 square meters on the banks of the Lhasa River, Liu said.
Besides a Ferris wheel, the amusement park will have an indoor playground so children can play music, dance and paint during the cold, dry and long Lhasa winter, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing