Tibetan Admin express concerns over twin self-immolations
Dharamsala: The Central Tibetan Administration has expressed its concern over the self- immolation of two Tibetans in Lhasa.
The two Tibetans, identified as Dhargye and Dorjee Tseten from the northeastern Tibet`s Ngaba and Labrang area, had set themselves on fire yesterday in front of Jokhang temple.
"No matter how the Chinese government attempts to present the self-immolations to the international community, such explanation will be met with deep scepticism so long as access to Tibetan areas, particularly where self-immolations took place, is denied to impartial observers...," said Minister Dicki Chhoyang of the Department of Information and International Relations.
Meanwhile, Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama returned to Dharamsala after his European trip.
In the coming weeks, the Dalai is scheduled to give his annual Buddhist teachings to Tibetan youngsters followed by a special introductory Buddhist teaching.
The teachings will be held at the TCV auditorium at the request of Tibetan youth.
The Tibetan spiritual leader will also conduct another three days of teachings on introductory Buddhist teachings at the main Tibetan temple in Mcleod Ganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount