Tibetan Admin express concerns over twin self-immolations
Dharamsala: The Central Tibetan Administration has expressed its concern over the self- immolation of two Tibetans in Lhasa.
The two Tibetans, identified as Dhargye and Dorjee Tseten from the northeastern Tibet`s Ngaba and Labrang area, had set themselves on fire yesterday in front of Jokhang temple.
"No matter how the Chinese government attempts to present the self-immolations to the international community, such explanation will be met with deep scepticism so long as access to Tibetan areas, particularly where self-immolations took place, is denied to impartial observers...," said Minister Dicki Chhoyang of the Department of Information and International Relations.
Meanwhile, Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama returned to Dharamsala after his European trip.
In the coming weeks, the Dalai is scheduled to give his annual Buddhist teachings to Tibetan youngsters followed by a special introductory Buddhist teaching.
The teachings will be held at the TCV auditorium at the request of Tibetan youth.
The Tibetan spiritual leader will also conduct another three days of teachings on introductory Buddhist teachings at the main Tibetan temple in Mcleod Ganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened