Tibetan Govt-in-exile denies publishing self-immolation guide
Dharamsala: The Tibetan government-in-exile on Thursday refuted the allegation by China`s official media that the Dalai Lama encouraged self-immolations in Tibet through a blog postings by one of its officials.
The Tibetan Central Administration (CTA) said that the posting by Lhamo Kyab reflects his personal opinion.
"Kyab, who is a former member of the Tibetan Parliament in exile and now resides in France, is neither part of the Central Tibetan Administration nor Private Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama," Lobsang Choedak, Press Officer of the Administration said in a statement.
"Such writings are irresponsible and unnecessarily give excuses to the Chinese government to resort to the blame game and shirk its responsibility for the root causes leading to self-immolations," the statement said.
"As life is precious, the Kashag has consistently discouraged self-immolations and any other forms of drastic actions.
"The CTA supports the aspirations of Tibetans inside Tibet for the return of His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Tibet and freedom for Tibetans," it said.
"The onus for the problem in Tibet firmly lies with the Chinese government. The CTA welcomes Chinese authorities to visit its offices in Dharamsala for proof of their allegations," it said.
Earlier a commentary by state-run Xinhua news agency had accused the Tibetan government-in-exile of publishing a "Self-immolation Guide" to instigate people to join the protests against the Chinese rule.
The guide tantamounted to "confession" by "Dalai clique" of manipulating suicides from outside, the commentary had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka