Tibetan Govt-in-exile denies publishing self-immolation guide
Dharamsala: The Tibetan government-in-exile on Thursday refuted the allegation by China`s official media that the Dalai Lama encouraged self-immolations in Tibet through a blog postings by one of its officials.
The Tibetan Central Administration (CTA) said that the posting by Lhamo Kyab reflects his personal opinion.
"Kyab, who is a former member of the Tibetan Parliament in exile and now resides in France, is neither part of the Central Tibetan Administration nor Private Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama," Lobsang Choedak, Press Officer of the Administration said in a statement.
"Such writings are irresponsible and unnecessarily give excuses to the Chinese government to resort to the blame game and shirk its responsibility for the root causes leading to self-immolations," the statement said.
"As life is precious, the Kashag has consistently discouraged self-immolations and any other forms of drastic actions.
"The CTA supports the aspirations of Tibetans inside Tibet for the return of His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Tibet and freedom for Tibetans," it said.
"The onus for the problem in Tibet firmly lies with the Chinese government. The CTA welcomes Chinese authorities to visit its offices in Dharamsala for proof of their allegations," it said.
Earlier a commentary by state-run Xinhua news agency had accused the Tibetan government-in-exile of publishing a "Self-immolation Guide" to instigate people to join the protests against the Chinese rule.
The guide tantamounted to "confession" by "Dalai clique" of manipulating suicides from outside, the commentary had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents