Tibetan monk who set himself on fire is cremated
Beijing: A monk who set himself on fire in an ethnically Tibetan region of western China has been cremated.
The Free Tibet campaign in London says 29-year-old Tsewang Norbu died on Monday after dousing himself with gasoline and setting himself on fire in Daofu county.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the monk`s body was cremated on Wednesday in accordance with Tibetan rituals. It says family members and monks attended his funeral.
It was the second reported self-immolation by a monk this year.
In March, a 21-year-old monk set himself on fire, also in Sichuan province, in an apparent protest against Chinese government rule over Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today