Tibetan monk who set himself on fire is cremated
Beijing: A monk who set himself on fire in an ethnically Tibetan region of western China has been cremated.
The Free Tibet campaign in London says 29-year-old Tsewang Norbu died on Monday after dousing himself with gasoline and setting himself on fire in Daofu county.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the monk`s body was cremated on Wednesday in accordance with Tibetan rituals. It says family members and monks attended his funeral.
It was the second reported self-immolation by a monk this year.
In March, a 21-year-old monk set himself on fire, also in Sichuan province, in an apparent protest against Chinese government rule over Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured