Tibetan monks wish Xi good luck as China`s new leader
Beijing: Set to get elected as China`s new President, Xi Jinping has received a three metre-long letter from 108 Tibetan high monks wishing him good luck, state-media reported on Saturday.
National People`s Congress (NPC) deputy Losang Tenpa presented Xi with a hada, a strip of raw silk and linen that conveys their blessings, as well as the hand-written thank you letter from the 108 high monks of Tibetan Buddhism, Xinhua news agency reported.
"The high monks in Tibet are grateful to the CPC (Communist Party of China) for its religious policies, so they wrote the letter that I`m presenting to you," Tenpa said.
Xi also received hadas from two other Tibetan deputies.
The central authorities have always placed great importance on the development and stability of Tibet and cared about the lives of local people, he said.
Expressing his best wishes, Xi said he hoped that people of all ethnic groups in Tibet could carry out the central government`s policies and stay on a development path of Chinese characteristics and Tibetan features, the report said.
Tibet should find an effective way to maintain long-term stability and realise fast growth so the region can become a society of moderate prosperity along with the rest of the country by 2020, he said.
"Please convey my best wishes to all. Tashi delek (Tibetan phrase for extending good luck and best wishes)," Xi said while attending a panel discussion of the Tibetan delegation at the first session of the NPC here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant