Tibetan mother dies after self-immolating
Beijing: A mother of three young children in a Tibetan area of southwestern China has reportedly died after setting herself on fire, in an apparent protest against Beijing’s rule.
Rechok, a nomad in her 30s, died outside the Jonang Dzamthang monastery in Barma Township.
She has two daughters aged nine and 15, and a 17-year-old son, The Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, Rechok’s body is currently in the monastery and Tibetans have been gathering for her cremation, which is expected to be held this evening.
There have now been four self-immolations in Barma in 2012 and Rechok is one of more than 30 Tibetans who have engulfed themselves in flames over the last year
Rechok`s death comes three days after one man was killed and another badly injured when they set themselves alight outside a temple in the Tibetan capital Lhasa on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened