Tibetan PM assured of all support form US media
Washington: American official media will continue its around-the-clock coverage of events of interest to Tibetans, US Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) has assured visiting Tibetan Premier-in-Exile Lobsang Sangay.
The BBG also gave Sangay an assurance that it would continue to support freedom and democracy for all Tibetans through international media when he met the agency`s top leadership yesterday.
BBG Governor Michael Meehan and International Broadcasting Bureau Director Richard M Lobo spent an hour with Lobsang Sangay and his delegation, which included Lobsang Nyandak, representative of the Dalai Lama to the US.
The BBG offers around-the-clock coverage of events of interest to Tibetans, including short-wave services seven days a week and a constant audio signal by satellite, television broadcasts, plus an Internet presence that can be viewed anywhere in the world.
Together, Radio Free Asia and Voice of America have been leaders in covering the ongoing crackdown on Tibetan protests, as well as political, religious and human rights developments affecting the Tibet Autonomous Region and other Tibetan autonomous jurisdictions.
The bi-partisan board of BBG consists of eight members nominated by the president of the US and confirmed by the Senate. The ninth member ex-officio is the secretary of state.
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today