Tibetan self-immolates in China
Lanzhou: A young Tibetan died after setting himself on fire in northwest China`s Gansu Province Saturday afternoon, local authorities said.
According to sources with the provincial government, the man set himself ablaze around 2 p.m. in front of a monastery in the city of Hezuo in the Tibetan autonomous prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
Initial probes identified the man as 18-year-old Gonpo Tsering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?