Tibetan self-immolates in China
Lanzhou: A young Tibetan died after setting himself on fire in northwest China`s Gansu Province Saturday afternoon, local authorities said.
According to sources with the provincial government, the man set himself ablaze around 2 p.m. in front of a monastery in the city of Hezuo in the Tibetan autonomous prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
Initial probes identified the man as 18-year-old Gonpo Tsering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider