Tibetan student kills herself in China
Beijing: A Tibetan student died Sunday after she set herself on fire in northwest China`s Qinghai province, authorities said Monday.
The 16-year old girl who was studying at a minority school in Zekog county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture. She set herself ablaze around 6.50 p.m. in the village of Dageri, said authorities.
Teams have been sent to the village to investigate the incident, reported Xinhua.
The Tibetan autonomous prefecture of Huangnan has a population of 257,000 people, about 68 percent of whom are Tibetans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio