Tibetan student kills herself in China
Beijing: A Tibetan student died Sunday after she set herself on fire in northwest China`s Qinghai province, authorities said Monday.
The 16-year old girl who was studying at a minority school in Zekog county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture. She set herself ablaze around 6.50 p.m. in the village of Dageri, said authorities.
Teams have been sent to the village to investigate the incident, reported Xinhua.
The Tibetan autonomous prefecture of Huangnan has a population of 257,000 people, about 68 percent of whom are Tibetans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka