Tibetan villager sets himself on fire, dies
Beijing: A Tibetan villager in China`s Gansu province set himself on fire and died Friday, authorities said.
Lhamo Tseten, a 23-year-old man from a village in the Xiahe county, set himself alight around 2.40 p.m. near a local hospital at the Amchok township in the Tibetan prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 56 Tibetans have set themselves afire to protest China`s policies and to press their demand for freedom since March 2011. One more Tibetan immolated himself in Tibet`s Sangchu County Oct 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family