Tibetan villager sets himself on fire, dies
Beijing: A Tibetan villager in China`s Gansu province set himself on fire and died Friday, authorities said.
Lhamo Tseten, a 23-year-old man from a village in the Xiahe county, set himself alight around 2.40 p.m. near a local hospital at the Amchok township in the Tibetan prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 56 Tibetans have set themselves afire to protest China`s policies and to press their demand for freedom since March 2011. One more Tibetan immolated himself in Tibet`s Sangchu County Oct 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda