Tibetan villager sets himself on fire, dies
Beijing: A Tibetan villager in China`s Gansu province set himself on fire and died Friday, authorities said.
Lhamo Tseten, a 23-year-old man from a village in the Xiahe county, set himself alight around 2.40 p.m. near a local hospital at the Amchok township in the Tibetan prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 56 Tibetans have set themselves afire to protest China`s policies and to press their demand for freedom since March 2011. One more Tibetan immolated himself in Tibet`s Sangchu County Oct 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America