Tibetan villager sets himself on fire, dies
Beijing: A Tibetan villager in China`s Gansu province set himself on fire and died Friday, authorities said.
Lhamo Tseten, a 23-year-old man from a village in the Xiahe county, set himself alight around 2.40 p.m. near a local hospital at the Amchok township in the Tibetan prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 56 Tibetans have set themselves afire to protest China`s policies and to press their demand for freedom since March 2011. One more Tibetan immolated himself in Tibet`s Sangchu County Oct 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah