Tibetan villager sets himself on fire, dies
Beijing: A Tibetan villager in China`s Gansu province set himself on fire and died Friday, authorities said.
Lhamo Tseten, a 23-year-old man from a village in the Xiahe county, set himself alight around 2.40 p.m. near a local hospital at the Amchok township in the Tibetan prefecture of Gannan, Xinhua reported.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 56 Tibetans have set themselves afire to protest China`s policies and to press their demand for freedom since March 2011. One more Tibetan immolated himself in Tibet`s Sangchu County Oct 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP