Tibetan woman dies after setting herself on fire
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group says a 26-year-old woman has died after setting herself on fire in west-central China` Gansu province.
London-based Free Tibet said Dolkar Kyi self-immolated Monday at Tso Monastery in Tso City in a Tibetan prefecture that is of religiously significance to Tibetan monks.
Also yesterday, a man set himself on fire in southwest China`s Sichuan province. Free Tibet identifies him as Lobsang Tsultrim, a 21-year-old monk from Kirti Monastery. He was reported to be alive and taken away by police.
They are the latest of more than 40 self-immolations by Tibetans.
Supporters say they are protesting Beijing`s heavy-handed rule in Tibetan regions.
China has blamed the Dalai Lama for inciting the immolations, which the exiled spiritual leader denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar