Tibetan woman dies after setting herself on fire
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group says a 26-year-old woman has died after setting herself on fire in west-central China` Gansu province.
London-based Free Tibet said Dolkar Kyi self-immolated Monday at Tso Monastery in Tso City in a Tibetan prefecture that is of religiously significance to Tibetan monks.
Also yesterday, a man set himself on fire in southwest China`s Sichuan province. Free Tibet identifies him as Lobsang Tsultrim, a 21-year-old monk from Kirti Monastery. He was reported to be alive and taken away by police.
They are the latest of more than 40 self-immolations by Tibetans.
Supporters say they are protesting Beijing`s heavy-handed rule in Tibetan regions.
China has blamed the Dalai Lama for inciting the immolations, which the exiled spiritual leader denies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler