Tibetan woman dies after setting herself on fire
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group says a 26-year-old woman has died after setting herself on fire in west-central China` Gansu province.
London-based Free Tibet said Dolkar Kyi self-immolated Monday at Tso Monastery in Tso City in a Tibetan prefecture that is of religiously significance to Tibetan monks.
Also yesterday, a man set himself on fire in southwest China`s Sichuan province. Free Tibet identifies him as Lobsang Tsultrim, a 21-year-old monk from Kirti Monastery. He was reported to be alive and taken away by police.
They are the latest of more than 40 self-immolations by Tibetans.
Supporters say they are protesting Beijing`s heavy-handed rule in Tibetan regions.
China has blamed the Dalai Lama for inciting the immolations, which the exiled spiritual leader denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter