Tibetans in US denounce China `propaganda`
Washington: Tibetans rallied outside of
China`s embassy in Washington to demand greater freedoms,
denouncing Beijing for its commemorations of the territory`s
Shouting "Free Tibet" and "China is a liar," more than
20 Tibetans and supporters yesterday criticised Beijing for
celebrating the 60th anniversary of the territory`s
incorporation but banning observance of the Dalai Lama`s
"We wanted to show the world that the Chinese
propaganda is not fooling anyone," said Tenzin Dorjee,
executive director of Students for a Free Tibet, the advocacy
group that organised the protest.
"Tibet has a stronger desire for freedom now than
ever," he said. "We need to show the world that Tibet can`t be
stopped by the Chinese government."
In Washington`s high-security embassy district, the
activists handed out fliers called "17 Points of
Disagreement," a play on the China`s "17 Points of Agreement
for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet" in 1951.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July'15'
- Anurag Kashyap, Nawazuddin turn RJs to promote film
- Kurdish-Arab forces enter IS Syria bastion of Manbij: Monitor
- Indian, Pakistani soldiers clashed during retreat ceremony on border in Punjab – video goes viral
- Saints reject Kairana exodus theory, term it a 'conspiracy'