Tiger attacks woman in British zoo
London: A 24-year-old female zookeeper has been seriously injured by a tiger at a famous animal park in northern England.
The woman was working in the big cat`s enclosure at the South Lakes Wild Animal Park near Dalton-in-Furness last night, when she was mauled by the beast.
She was taken to Royal Preston Hospital suffering from head and neck injuries and the park has been closed.
Cumbria Police said that they are investigating the incident.
"The tiger is securely locked in its enclosure and there is no further risk to the public. Members of the public were not at any risk during the incident. The wildlife park has closed early and all visitors have left the park. Police and Barrow Borough Council are currently investigating the circumstances that led to this incident," said a police spokesman.
The zoo`s Facebook page said staff "thoughts and prayers" were with the woman and her family and that the zoo would reopen today.
The wildlife park opened in 1994 and has both Siberian and Sumatran tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan