Tiger attacks woman in British zoo
London: A 24-year-old female zookeeper has been seriously injured by a tiger at a famous animal park in northern England.
The woman was working in the big cat`s enclosure at the South Lakes Wild Animal Park near Dalton-in-Furness last night, when she was mauled by the beast.
She was taken to Royal Preston Hospital suffering from head and neck injuries and the park has been closed.
Cumbria Police said that they are investigating the incident.
"The tiger is securely locked in its enclosure and there is no further risk to the public. Members of the public were not at any risk during the incident. The wildlife park has closed early and all visitors have left the park. Police and Barrow Borough Council are currently investigating the circumstances that led to this incident," said a police spokesman.
The zoo`s Facebook page said staff "thoughts and prayers" were with the woman and her family and that the zoo would reopen today.
The wildlife park opened in 1994 and has both Siberian and Sumatran tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred