Tighter security at last point of departure for US flights
Washington: Passengers flying to America would have to undergo stricter security and additional screening measures at the last point of departure of a US-bound flight in the coming days.
Following the attempt to bomb a US-bound plane on Christmas Day, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has issued fresh guidelines for additional security measures to be implemented for last point of departure of international flights to the US, such as increased gate pat-downs and bag searches, the Department of Homeland Security said in a statement.
"At the direction of the flight crew, passengers may also be asked to follow additional instructions, such as stowing personal items, turning off electronic equipment and remaining seated during certain portions of the flight," the statement said.
Other security measures include deployment of additional law enforcement at airports, air marshals, and explosives detection canine teams, it said.
TSA will continue to work with airline and law enforcement authorities, as well as federal, state, local and international partners to put additional security measures in place to ensure that aviation security remains strong, the official statement said.
Created in the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attacks, through an Act of the Congress, TSA is responsible for security in all modes of transportation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof