Tighter trial security after leak of Manning video
Fort Meade (Maryland): Security for the sentencing hearing of US soldier Bradley Manning has tightened after some courtroom video appeared online.
Military police on Monday carefully searched the bags of journalists entering a building where the Army provides a closed-circuit video feed from the nearby courtroom.
The 16-second video on the website Vimeo shows the judge on the bench and Manning at the defense table. The soundtrack includes Manning supporters chanting, "Free Bradley Manning."
The 25-year-old faces up to 90 years in prison for disclosing reams of classified information through the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks. He says he did it to expose wrongdoing. Prosecutors say the leaks hurt US foreign relations.
Manning`s defense team opened its case today and is focusing on his mental health.
Manning`s brigade commander in Iraq, Col David Miller, testified that he didn`t learn until after Manning`s arrest that the soldier had had a number of emotional outbursts that included overturning a table during a counseling session. Manning is expected to make a statement Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!