Time bomb injures three in Nigeria
Abuja: A suspected time bomb detonated near a praying ground in Nigeria`s northern city of Kano Sunday injuring three security men.
An eyewitness who wanted to remain anonymous told PTI on phone that the area of Kantin Kwari where the bomb was planted was used as a resting place by the security men who guarded the Muslim praying ground near a textile market.
"The bombs exploded early in the morning when traders were opening their shops for the day`s business. There was pandemonium as soon as the bomb exploded. People ran in different directions," he said.
The injured were local security officers.
Confirming the incident the state police spokesman, Musa Magaji Majia said the explosion injured the three persons who were at the junction of the Busy Textile market in Kano.
Security personnel of Joint Task Force (JTF) cordoned off the scene of the blast and the entire area, he said adding that the injured persons have been taken to hospital for treatment.
He did not confirm if the bombing could be linked to radical Islamic sect Boko Haram which has been waging a terror war in northern Nigeria since 2009.
The sect says it is fighting to install Islamic sharia rule in Africa`s top oil-producing country.
The country though a secular state, has two major religions; Islam and Christianity.
Christians are found mainly in the south while Muslims are predominant in the north but they share the 150 million population of the country on roughly equal proportion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you