Time Warner to sell its NY headquarter for USD 1.3 bn: Report
Washington: Time Warner, one of the world`s largest media company, is in the final stages to sell its New York headquarters in a whooping USD 1.3 billion, a media report said today.
The buyer led by real estate firm Related Group has secured money for this from sovereign-wealth funds from Abu Dhabi and Singapore, which agreed to finance more than 80 per cent of the purchase, The Wall Street Journal reported.
The deal, said to be one of the biggest in a surge of businesses involving foreign investors in US commercial real estate, could be announced as early as Thursday, the financial daily said.
Among its subsidiaries of Time Warner are CNN, Time Inc, HBO, Warner Bros, and Cartoon Network Studios.
While the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and the Government of Singapore Investment Corp will own most of the joint venture, Related will manage the tower on the corner of Central Park, the paper said.
As part of the deal, Time Warner would move to a new tower that Related group plans to develop in its sprawling Hudson Yards project on Manhattan`s far West Side. Related hasn`t completed financing for that building, the financial daily said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof