Time`s running out for Iran on nuke issue: France
Jerusalem: Warning that time is running out to prevent a major confrontation, France has warned of a possible Israeli pre-emptive strike against Iran`s nuclear installations if the West does not end the current nuclear deadlock.
"They [the Israelis] will not tolerate an Iranian bomb. We know that, all of us. So that is an additional risk and that is why we must decrease the tension and solve the problem," French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner was quoted by local media today as saying `The Daily Telegraph`.
"Hopefully we are going to stop this race to a confrontation...," he said while stressing on the urgency of the matter.
During an official visit to Beirut, the French Foreign Minister said that Israel could launch attacks if they felt there were chances of "a threat".
"There is the time that Israel will offer us before reacting, because Israel will react as soon as they know clearly that there is a threat," he was quoted as saying.
Western nations are waiting for an official Iranian response to a United Nations drafted deal for Tehran to send low-enriched uranium abroad for further processing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites