Titanic discoverer`s ship finds Turkish pilots
Ankara: A Turkish official says a vessel owned by US ocean explorer Robert Ballard, best known for discovering the wreck of the Titanic, has located the bodies of two Turkish pilots on the sea bed nearly two weeks after their jet was shot down by Syria.
The official said on Thursday that Ballard`s deep-sea exploration vessel, E/V Nautilus, located the bodies yesterday after the Turkish Navy had pinpointed the area. Syrian forces shot down the RF-4 plane on June 22.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak publicly.
Ballard led the international team that discovered the RMS Titanic in 1985, and also found the wrecks of the battleship Bismarck and the World War II PT-109 torpedo patrol boat that John F Kennedy commanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued