Titanic discoverer`s ship finds Turkish pilots
Ankara: A Turkish official says a vessel owned by US ocean explorer Robert Ballard, best known for discovering the wreck of the Titanic, has located the bodies of two Turkish pilots on the sea bed nearly two weeks after their jet was shot down by Syria.
The official said on Thursday that Ballard`s deep-sea exploration vessel, E/V Nautilus, located the bodies yesterday after the Turkish Navy had pinpointed the area. Syrian forces shot down the RF-4 plane on June 22.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak publicly.
Ballard led the international team that discovered the RMS Titanic in 1985, and also found the wrecks of the battleship Bismarck and the World War II PT-109 torpedo patrol boat that John F Kennedy commanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know