To cut corners, Britain to give MPs free iPads
London: Tens of thousands of pounds may be spent by the House of Commons to give every British parliamentarian a free iPad tablet computer, as part of a modernisation plan.
Sixteen members have been testing the Apple devices over the past year as part of proposals to modernise the parliament and effect savings in printing costs, the Daily Express reported.
The House`s cross-party Administration Committee has recommended the "rapid rollout of suitable mobile tablet hardware" to all 650 MPs.
Chairman Sir Alan Haselhurst said: "It seems that this is the future, for the convenience in terms of dealing with all the work MPs have to do, but also because it assists in what is a determined policy of the House -- reducing the paper use."
He forecast "an overall saving for the public purse" with such a measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3