Toddler survives after shooting himself in head in US
Toddler survives after shooting himself in head
New York: A three-year-old US toddler miraculously escaped death after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a gun. The toddler shot himself after his aunt left a loaded firearm on a bathroom counter, police say, adding the shooting was accidental, but will determine if charges could be filed against her.
The shooting happened at a house around 7 pm, after the toddler`s aunt and mother returned from a shopping trip, `New York Daily News` reported. The boy`s aunt told police she had to use the bathroom, so she removed her .380 handgun and placed it on the counter-top. She apparently forgot about the firearm when her son began to act up and exited the washroom.
The 3-year-old`s older sister then entered to draw a bath for him, according to WSMV-TV. While she was filling the tub, the toddler grabbed the gun and shot himself in the head.
His sister told investigators she saw her little brother play with the firearm, but thought it was one of his toy guns. Detectives say the bullet passed through the child`s skull.
The boy, whose name has not been released, was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where doctors are calling him "the luckiest kid on earth" and say he is expected to survive.
The toddler was "conscious and fighting with nurses" on Saturday, lead investigator for the Manchester Police Department Billy Butler told the Manchester Times. According to WKRN-TV, the boy was in stable condition on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'