Toddler survives seven-floor fall in France
Paris: An 18-month-old boy survived after falling seven floors and bouncing off a Paris cafe awning into the arms of a passer-by, witnesses said Tuesday.
"My son saw a little boy on a balcony. He had gone right outside the railing... I said to myself I mustn`t miss him," the toddler`s saviour, local doctor Philippe Bensignor, told a news agency, recounting Monday`s drama.
"I had time to move from side to side to get in the right position," he added. "The little boy was fine. He cried a little bit but calmed down straightaway."
An official involved in investigating the incident said the boy had been left alone in the family apartment in northern Paris with his sister by their parents, who were taken into custody afterwards.
"It`s a real miracle," said the cafe`s barman, who gave his name as Gaby, pointing to a small tear in the awning where the toddler bounced off.
"We were closed yesterday but the mechanical device for closing the awning wasn`t working."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress