Toll in Brazil oil rig blast rises to six

The death toll from a blast which ripped through a Petrobras oil rig off Brazil last week has risen to six after the discovery of another body, local media said Tuesday.

Brasília: The death toll from a blast which ripped through a Petrobras oil rig off Brazil last week has risen to six after the discovery of another body, local media said Tuesday.

Five people remain in stable condition in a hospital, the rig`s Norwegian owner BW Offshore told Brazilian media, after the February 11 explosion that the oil workers` union said was caused by a gas leak, although investigations are ongoing.

The rig operates in the Camarupim field around 120 kilometers (75 miles) off Brazil`s southeastern coast and had daily average production of 2.25 million cubic meters of natural gas and 2,200 barrels of oil in December.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close