Toll in Russian nightclub fire rises to 128
Nizhny Novgorod: The toll in Saturday`s nightclub fire in the Russian Urals city of Perm has reached 128, authorities said on Thursday.
"The number of fire victims has reached 128. In addition, 103 people remain in hospitals... and another five are receiving out-patient treatment," the regional emergency authorities said.
The fire engulfed the Lame Horse nightclub in the west Urals city in the early hours of Saturday after an indoor fireworks display went awry.
The preliminary investigation revealed serious violations of fire safety regulations at the club.
The regional government of the Perm Territory and Perm Mayor Arkady Kats resigned on Wednesday over the fire. The new government is expected to be formed as soon as the investigation into the cause of the fire and internal investigations are completed.
On Tuesday, Russian Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu sacked a chief fire inspector and six other officials in Perm over the incident.
Charges were brought on Monday against Lame Horse executive director Svetlana Yefremova, acting art director Oleg Fetkulov and co-owner of the club Anatoly Zak, as well as director of the Pirotsvet fireworks supplier Sergei Derbenev.
Checks are being conducted at nightclubs and other leisure and entertainment facilities across the country in the wake of the Perm tragedy and on the eve of the New Year festivities, which are traditionally accompanied in Russia by fireworks displays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings