Tony Blair godfather of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter?
London: Former British prime minister Tony Blair is godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter, it has emerged.
The media tycoon’s third wife, Wendi, revealed during an interview with Vogue that Blair was present at the baptism of their daughters Grace and Chloe, the Telegraph reports.
Australian co-stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman also attended the ceremony held in Jordan, and also became the godparents of Murdoch`s two youngest daughters.
No mention was made of Blair’s role as a godfather to Grace and he did not appear in pictures of the ceremony.
According to the paper, Blair’s spokesman refused to comment on the recent revelations, but a News Corp source confirmed that Blair was godfather to Grace, as was Lachlan Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch’s eldest son.
Blair attended the Jordanian ceremony “garbed in white” and describes him as one of Mrs Murdoch’s “closest friends,” the report said.
The recent revelations highlights his close ties to the Murdochs, and could explain his reluctance to condemn the News International phone hacking scandal.
In July, he reportedly asked Gordon Brown to put pressure on Tom Watson, the Labour MP who helped expose the scandal, to drop his investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test