Tony Blair godfather of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter?
London: Former British prime minister Tony Blair is godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter, it has emerged.
The media tycoon’s third wife, Wendi, revealed during an interview with Vogue that Blair was present at the baptism of their daughters Grace and Chloe, the Telegraph reports.
Australian co-stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman also attended the ceremony held in Jordan, and also became the godparents of Murdoch`s two youngest daughters.
No mention was made of Blair’s role as a godfather to Grace and he did not appear in pictures of the ceremony.
According to the paper, Blair’s spokesman refused to comment on the recent revelations, but a News Corp source confirmed that Blair was godfather to Grace, as was Lachlan Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch’s eldest son.
Blair attended the Jordanian ceremony “garbed in white” and describes him as one of Mrs Murdoch’s “closest friends,” the report said.
The recent revelations highlights his close ties to the Murdochs, and could explain his reluctance to condemn the News International phone hacking scandal.
In July, he reportedly asked Gordon Brown to put pressure on Tom Watson, the Labour MP who helped expose the scandal, to drop his investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16