Tony Blair godfather of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter?
London: Former British prime minister Tony Blair is godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter, it has emerged.
The media tycoon’s third wife, Wendi, revealed during an interview with Vogue that Blair was present at the baptism of their daughters Grace and Chloe, the Telegraph reports.
Australian co-stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman also attended the ceremony held in Jordan, and also became the godparents of Murdoch`s two youngest daughters.
No mention was made of Blair’s role as a godfather to Grace and he did not appear in pictures of the ceremony.
According to the paper, Blair’s spokesman refused to comment on the recent revelations, but a News Corp source confirmed that Blair was godfather to Grace, as was Lachlan Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch’s eldest son.
Blair attended the Jordanian ceremony “garbed in white” and describes him as one of Mrs Murdoch’s “closest friends,” the report said.
The recent revelations highlights his close ties to the Murdochs, and could explain his reluctance to condemn the News International phone hacking scandal.
In July, he reportedly asked Gordon Brown to put pressure on Tom Watson, the Labour MP who helped expose the scandal, to drop his investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray