Tony Blair named 2010 Liberty Medal winner
Philadelphia (US): Former British Prime
Minister Tony Blair has been named the recipient of the 2010
The medal will be presented to Blair on Sept. 13 in
Philadelphia by former President Bill Clinton.
The National Constitution Centre offers history-based
exhibits focused on the US Constitution and gives the annual
award to those whose actions represent the founding principles
of the United States.
The Honor carries a USD 100,000 cash prize.
The medal was first awarded in 1989. Previous winners
have included rock singer and human rights activist Bono,
former South African President Nelson Mandela and former US
President Jimmy Carter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra