Tony Blair`s sister-in-law weds Muslim `bigamist
London: Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Tony Blair`s sister-in-law, Lauren Booth , has reportedly married a bigamist.
Booth, who converted to Islam in 2010, secretly tied the knot with social worker Sohale Ahmed in a Muslim ceremony months ago.
However, the furious mum of Ahmed`s three children has accused him of bigamy, claiming that he is still married to her and has complained to cops, the Sun reported.
Faiza also accused Booth, half-sister of former PM`s wife Cherie Blair, of destroying her 16-year marriage on Saturday.
She told the publication that Lauren stole her husband from under her nose and it`s absolutely disgusting.
The 37-year-old said that she once caught her husband coming out of the guest bedroom where Booth, who was staying at her marital home in Stockport, Gtr Manchester, last year while working on a fund-raising project with Ahmed, was sleeping.
Faiza said that Ahmed told her that Booth was like a sister to him and he could never sleep with someone like her because she`s so fat.
She said that after she heard the rumours of the marriage, she confronted Ahmed and he told her by text that he`d married Booth.
Faiza, who had a legal marriage, said that Ahmed`s marriage to Booth is also an Islamic one but the 45-year-old hasn`t registered it with the authorities and if she does he can be prosecuted for bigamy.
According to Islamic sharia law, a Muslim man is allowed four wives but he must seek the permission of his first before taking on another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui