Tony Blair’s son ``wants to stand for elections``
London: Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s 28-year-old son Euan wants to stand for elections as a Labour MP, following in his father’s footsteps, reveals a report.
According to the Daily Mail, a family friend said: “Euan has been thinking about a career in politics for some time. Cherie is particularly pleased. She likes the idea of a Kennedy-style Blair dynasty.”
Friends have said that Euan is eager to improve his Labour credibility by taking up a public sector post and he is believed to have left his job with investment bank Morgan Stanley.
According to Labour MP Tom Watson, the young Blair has shown commitment to the cause by knocking on doors in previous by-elections and is a ``genuine Labour activist``.
Earlier this month Euan had to walk past anti-war campaigners as he joined his father at a Labour Party fund-raiser with Ed Miliband.
It is not the first time Euan has hit the headlines. Twelve years ago, the police arrested him after he was found vomiting on a pavement in London. he had then been celebrating his GCSE results.
The news broke just days after Tony Blair had announced that he wanted to introduce spot fines for anti-social behaviour.
With Blair’s son planning to stand for elections, is it giving a hint that the Blairs are about to become a political dynasty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27