Top British official held over child abuse images
London: A senior British government official, responsible for security at the Buckingham Palace and who was also part of an anti-terrorism unit, has been charged with making indecent images of children.
Home Office civil servant David Tracey, 48, works in a Whitehall unit that spearheads strategy on tackling terrorism, The Sun reported.
Tracey was arrested by Essex police and charged with making indecent images of children.
He appeared at a court Nov 14 and has been bailed till Jan 8.
Tracey has been suspended from duty at the Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism (OSCT), where he had access to plans of Buckingham Palace.
Sources told the daily Tracey had specific responsibility for advising strategy on the protection of royal palaces and other important public buildings, including Downing Street, as well as nuclear sites.
The OSCT works closely with the MI5 and police to help keep the public safe from terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan