Top cop, three others die in Nigeria copter crash
Abuja: A top police officer and three others
were killed on Wednesday when their helicopter crashed in Nigeria`s
northern restive city of Jos.
Deputy Inspector General of police John Haruna was
carrying out surveillance with two other police officers over
the city which witnessed a suicide attack at a church on
The four people on board, including the pilot, were
killed in the accident, commissioner of police in Plateau
Emmanuel Ayeni said.
According to an eyewitness, the helicopter crashed into a
house where a baby and few others were injured.
"The injured persons have been rushed to a hospital," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- IIT-JEE Main rankings out; boys dominate list
- Oops! No changes in ticketing rules from July 1, says Railways
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!