Top cop, three others die in Nigeria copter crash
Abuja: A top police officer and three others
were killed on Wednesday when their helicopter crashed in Nigeria`s
northern restive city of Jos.
Deputy Inspector General of police John Haruna was
carrying out surveillance with two other police officers over
the city which witnessed a suicide attack at a church on
The four people on board, including the pilot, were
killed in the accident, commissioner of police in Plateau
Emmanuel Ayeni said.
According to an eyewitness, the helicopter crashed into a
house where a baby and few others were injured.
"The injured persons have been rushed to a hospital," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt