Top Joseph Kony commander captured
Kampala: A Ugandan Army official says Ugandan forces have captured a senior commander of Joseph Kony`s Lord`s Resistance Army after a brief fight with rebels near the Congo-Central African Republic border.
Lt Colonel Abdul Rugumayo said today that Caesar Acellam was captured on Saturday with two other rebel fighters.
Rugumayo said they were in a group of about 30 LRA rebels. The others escaped.
Although Acellam is not one of the LRA commanders indicted along with Kony in 2005 by the International Criminal Court, Ugandan officials say he was Kony`s top military strategist.
Kony recently became the focus of international attention after the US advocacy group Invisible Children made an online video seeking to make him famous.
US forces are helping Ugandan troops find Kony and his top lieutenants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?