Top Joseph Kony commander captured
Kampala: A Ugandan Army official says Ugandan forces have captured a senior commander of Joseph Kony`s Lord`s Resistance Army after a brief fight with rebels near the Congo-Central African Republic border.
Lt Colonel Abdul Rugumayo said today that Caesar Acellam was captured on Saturday with two other rebel fighters.
Rugumayo said they were in a group of about 30 LRA rebels. The others escaped.
Although Acellam is not one of the LRA commanders indicted along with Kony in 2005 by the International Criminal Court, Ugandan officials say he was Kony`s top military strategist.
Kony recently became the focus of international attention after the US advocacy group Invisible Children made an online video seeking to make him famous.
US forces are helping Ugandan troops find Kony and his top lieutenants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video