Top official dead in Congo plane crash
Kinshasa: An adviser to the Democratic Republic of Congo`s president was killed and the finance minister injured in a plane crash Sunday, Xinhua reported.
Finance Minister Matata Ponyo Mapon was seriously injured in the accident that took place near Bukavu, the capital of South Kivu.
The name of the presidential adviser was not disclosed. The government also did not release the total number of casualties or the number of passengers in the plane.
However, Xinhua said there might be several central and local government officials.
The report said the Democratic Republic of Congo is known for poorly maintained airports as well as for lack of proper technical control mechanisms and a system to verify professional licences.
The country`s airlines are reportedly blacklisted by the European Union over safety and management concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab