Top Pak Army Brigadier assassinated
Islamabad: Moinuddin Haider, a top Pakistani Army Brigadier, and his personal guard were killed in a gunfire attack on a military jeep in the capital, Islamabad, police supreintendent Tahir Alam told reporters. The officer’s driver was injured.
An unknown number of gunmen attacked the Brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.
Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.
Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.
‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state