Top Pak Army Brigadier assassinated
Islamabad: Moinuddin Haider, a top Pakistani Army Brigadier, and his personal guard were killed in a gunfire attack on a military jeep in the capital, Islamabad, police supreintendent Tahir Alam told reporters. The officer’s driver was injured.
An unknown number of gunmen attacked the Brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.
Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.
Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.
‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men