Top Pak Army Brigadier assassinated
Islamabad: Moinuddin Haider, a top Pakistani Army Brigadier, and his personal guard were killed in a gunfire attack on a military jeep in the capital, Islamabad, police supreintendent Tahir Alam told reporters. The officer’s driver was injured.
An unknown number of gunmen attacked the Brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.
Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.
Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.
‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army