Top Pak Army Brigadier assassinated
Islamabad: Moinuddin Haider, a top Pakistani Army Brigadier, and his personal guard were killed in a gunfire attack on a military jeep in the capital, Islamabad, police supreintendent Tahir Alam told reporters. The officer’s driver was injured.
An unknown number of gunmen attacked the Brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.
Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.
Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.
‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?