Top Pak Army Brigadier assassinated
Islamabad: Moinuddin Haider, a top Pakistani Army Brigadier, and his personal guard were killed in a gunfire attack on a military jeep in the capital, Islamabad, police supreintendent Tahir Alam told reporters. The officer’s driver was injured.
An unknown number of gunmen attacked the Brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.
Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.
Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.
‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened