Top US commander in South Korea cancels trip to US
Bagram (Afghanistan): The top US military commander in South Korea has cancelled a trip to Washington to testify before Congress because of tensions with North Korea.
In an email on Sunday to The Associated Press, Army Col Amy Hannah says Gen James Thurman will remain in Seoul next week as -- quote -- "a prudent measure."
Thurman has asked the Senate Armed Services Committee, the House Armed Services Committee, and the House Appropriations subcommittee on defence to excuse his absence until he can testify at a later date.
He was scheduled to testify on Tuesday and Wednesday.
South Korea also announced that its top military commander has put off a planned Washington visit because of the tensions.
The North has threatened to launch attacks on South Korea and the US.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style