Top US commander in South Korea cancels trip to US
Bagram (Afghanistan): The top US military commander in South Korea has cancelled a trip to Washington to testify before Congress because of tensions with North Korea.
In an email on Sunday to The Associated Press, Army Col Amy Hannah says Gen James Thurman will remain in Seoul next week as -- quote -- "a prudent measure."
Thurman has asked the Senate Armed Services Committee, the House Armed Services Committee, and the House Appropriations subcommittee on defence to excuse his absence until he can testify at a later date.
He was scheduled to testify on Tuesday and Wednesday.
South Korea also announced that its top military commander has put off a planned Washington visit because of the tensions.
The North has threatened to launch attacks on South Korea and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!