Top US commander in South Korea cancels trip to US
Bagram (Afghanistan): The top US military commander in South Korea has cancelled a trip to Washington to testify before Congress because of tensions with North Korea.
In an email on Sunday to The Associated Press, Army Col Amy Hannah says Gen James Thurman will remain in Seoul next week as -- quote -- "a prudent measure."
Thurman has asked the Senate Armed Services Committee, the House Armed Services Committee, and the House Appropriations subcommittee on defence to excuse his absence until he can testify at a later date.
He was scheduled to testify on Tuesday and Wednesday.
South Korea also announced that its top military commander has put off a planned Washington visit because of the tensions.
The North has threatened to launch attacks on South Korea and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'