Top US commander to visit Israel, Jordan
Washington: The top US military commander will visit Israel and Jordan on Sunday and Monday to reaffirm US support following the collapse of the presidency of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will begin his trip in Amman where he will meet with King Abdullah II and his Jordanian counterpart, Lieutenant General Meshaal Al-Zabn.
"He will discuss security issues of mutual concern and reassure both these key partners of the US military`s commitment to that partnership," Pentagon spokesman Captain John Kirby said.
In Israel, Mullen will hold talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, President Shimon Peres and the country`s military leaders.
The visit comes after Mubarak stepped down on Friday after 30 years, handing power to the military after more than a million people took to the streets in the culmination of an 18-day uprising in Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people