Topless females protest against Putin at polls
Moscow: A group of Ukrainian female protesters
bared their breasts on Sunday at the polling station where
Vladimir Putin had just voted in the presidential race and
tried to steal the ballot box with his vote.
The Femen group, known for their topless protests against
trafficking of women and prostitution in several countries,
turned up at the polling station in the Russian Academy of
Sciences in Moscow minutes after Putin voted with his wife
The three women pulled off their tops, shouted "Putin is a
thief!" and tried to steal the ballot box with his vote before
being detained by police, the group said in a statement on its
The women revealed slogans painted on their chests and
backs including "I steal for Putin" and "Kremlin rats".
Moscow police described the protest as a "provocation" on
their website, saying that the women were taken to a police
station and police were deciding whether they face charges.
The group held a topless protest at a polling station in
Ukraine in February 2010 when current President Viktor
Yanukovych was about to cast his vote in the presidential
race, although they were detained before he appeared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you