Topless women stage pro-abortion protest in Spain
Madrid: Women from the feminist group Femen have staged a topless protest in the Spanish Parliament against the conservative government`s planned abortion law reform.
Three women standing in the lower house`s public gallery took off their tops and chanted "abortion is sacred" as Justice Minister Alberto Ruiz-Gallardon spoke during a weekly session today.
One of the women climbed up on to a gallery railing and wrapped her arms around a pillar as she shouted down at the politicians.
The women, who had the message painted on their bodies, were dragged away by parliament ushers after some three minutes.
Ruiz-Gallardon opposes Spain`s abortion without restrictions until the 14th week and wants it once again only available under certain conditions concerning the health of the mother and the fetus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired