Topless women stage pro-abortion protest in Spain
Madrid: Women from the feminist group Femen have staged a topless protest in the Spanish Parliament against the conservative government`s planned abortion law reform.
Three women standing in the lower house`s public gallery took off their tops and chanted "abortion is sacred" as Justice Minister Alberto Ruiz-Gallardon spoke during a weekly session today.
One of the women climbed up on to a gallery railing and wrapped her arms around a pillar as she shouted down at the politicians.
The women, who had the message painted on their bodies, were dragged away by parliament ushers after some three minutes.
Ruiz-Gallardon opposes Spain`s abortion without restrictions until the 14th week and wants it once again only available under certain conditions concerning the health of the mother and the fetus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble