Tornado hits New South Wales, two injured
Melbourne: Two people were injured and
several houses damaged when a tornado hit New South Wales
state in Australia early Thursday.
Only two people were injured and were taken taken to
hospital, local media reported quoting police.
Police said it was a miracle no-one was killed when
tornado smashed into New South Wales north coast town of
Lennox Head. Over 30 houses were damaged, they added.
State Premier Kristina Kenneally said the tornado
caused "widespread devastation".
A person who was reported missing has been found, a
mother and daughter have been taken to hospital with minor
head injuries and three people were rescued from a car that
was stuck in flash flooding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan