Tornado hits New South Wales, two injured
Melbourne: Two people were injured and
several houses damaged when a tornado hit New South Wales
state in Australia early Thursday.
Only two people were injured and were taken taken to
hospital, local media reported quoting police.
Police said it was a miracle no-one was killed when
tornado smashed into New South Wales north coast town of
Lennox Head. Over 30 houses were damaged, they added.
State Premier Kristina Kenneally said the tornado
caused "widespread devastation".
A person who was reported missing has been found, a
mother and daughter have been taken to hospital with minor
head injuries and three people were rescued from a car that
was stuck in flash flooding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef