Tory Party to limit British population
London: The leader of Britain`s main opposition party says he will check migration and keep the country`s population below the 70 million level if he wins the next general election.
Conservative Party leader David Cameron said Sunday he will limit net immigration to "tens of thousands" per year. The figure reached 163,000 in 2008.
Cameron said that he thought net immigration of 200,000 a year - or two million a decade - was "too much".
"We would like to see net immigration in the tens of thousands rather than the hundreds of thousands," he told BBC television.
"I don`t think that`s unrealistic; that`s the sort of figure there was in the 1990s and I think we should see that again."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!