Tory Party to limit British population
London: The leader of Britain`s main opposition party says he will check migration and keep the country`s population below the 70 million level if he wins the next general election.
Conservative Party leader David Cameron said Sunday he will limit net immigration to "tens of thousands" per year. The figure reached 163,000 in 2008.
Cameron said that he thought net immigration of 200,000 a year - or two million a decade - was "too much".
"We would like to see net immigration in the tens of thousands rather than the hundreds of thousands," he told BBC television.
"I don`t think that`s unrealistic; that`s the sort of figure there was in the 1990s and I think we should see that again."
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in